Well, I am not a writer. There I said it. I want to be, I really do; it just seems that my thoughts do not go on paper, or er...computer the way that I wish they would; not to mention my lack of grammar in this setting. So, if by chance that I do decide to "publish" so that others can read this.. please be gracious! :)
I will be writing about a new chapter in our lives. Currently, I am a stay-at-home mom; which by the way is wonderful, yet challenging! I homeschool my two children; keeping me on my toes. I have the BEST husband ever, and I truly couldn't ask for more.
We have decided to add another member to our already busy family. I have mixed emotions about this. I love animals, almost any kind. (except reptiles) So, this blog will be about our life with a puppy.
Yesterday, we went to the local animal shelter; telling our kids the whole way there that we were only looking. Just for fun we said. Well, needless to say, when we left; one child was in tears and one was skipping, my husband was all smiles and me... Well, I was leaving with a smile, yet somehow I felt like I was was starting over. My son was skipping, happy-go-lucky because we adopted a puppy. My daughter was crying because we can't bring the puppy home until Feb. 10th. She wanted to bring it home then. They have to be spayed/neutered before they let you take them. Hubby is happy because she is the most adorable miniature dachshund I have ever seen! She is so tiny. But, for me, I am happy because my family is happy and, well, she is cute. My concern is I am starting over.. again. My kids are potty trained. Yes, they have peed, puked and pooped on the floor. But, not daily. Do I really want to do this? I am the one who will primarily be doing it. Oh, but I think she is worth it. Not to mention all of the life lessons my children, as well as us, can learn from having a puppy around. So, now we are off to search for the perfect doggie bed, leash, collar, etc... And, we are on the hunt for the best dog food. So many choices!
We shall see what happens! Please pray that she is happy here and that we have much success with house training.
No comments:
Post a Comment